In The Beginning
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God
moved upon the face of the waters.
Was the earth here when God created the heaven and the earth? According to the bible the earth was here,
it was without form, void and covered with water. How long was this void earth here before God did his handy work?
Millions of years? Could be. Where there minerals in the solid matter below the water? Most likely. The earth was
also in darkness and we know not much living matter can survive without sunlight.
We know scientifically that our planet earth is a minute pin prick in the vastness of the
universe and we do not even know the limitless boundaries of the universe. Our Galaxy (The Milky Way) is about
100,000 Light Years across and is still an extremely small part of the universe. The distance across just our
galaxy, if we were traveling at the speed of light (186,000 miles every second) for 100,000 years, would be a
number of miles we could not conceivably count to. It is hard to fathom just the size of the Milky Way Galaxy
never mind the expanse of the whole universe.
If you've ever wondered how big the universe is, you're not alone.
Astronomers have long pondered this, too, and they've had a hard time figuring it out. Now an estimate has
been made, and its a whopper. The universe is at least 156 billion light-years wide. With the
universe this large do you think there is a possibility that other planets such as ours exist? The odds are
that they do. We are presently limited by the time and space provided to
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first
The first thing that God created was the light needed to sustain life. He zapped our sun into operation which
has just the right amount of radiation to warm our planet. The energy from the Sun is the precise amount needed
relative to our distance from the sun. Too much energy and we would fry like the Planet Mercury and too little and
we would be as cold as Planet Pluto.
Notice that God called the light good and divided the light from the darkness. The light he
called day and the darkness he called night and both took place in one day. This illustrates that one
revolution of the earth relative to the light source (The Sun) was one 24 hour period or one day. If the earth
did not rotate, one side of it would be extremely hot while the other side would be extremely cold. We are
sort of on a rotisserie. The sun controls what happens on earth due to the massive energy it produces. Sun
spots or flare ups on the sun can affect our weather much more than anything we can do here on earth.
This was the first day of creation and the evening and the morning constitutes a day. Notice that the evening is
the first part of the day and not the morning. This is why the Jewish people as well as many others count a day
from sundown to sundown.
6. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide
the waters from the waters.
7. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were
above the firmament: and it was so.
8. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
On the second day God made the firmament which he called Heaven and divided the waters, placing
water above the firmament and leaving the balance of the water covering the complete surface of the earth
under the firmament. Why did God place a large amount of water above the firmament or atmosphere as we know it
today? This was meant to protect his creation from the harmful effects of the sun's radiation. It also made
the earth a total greenhouse. In other words the temperature was close the same over the entire surface of the
earth. The sun's heating provided a comfortable temperature at all times since our initial ancestors (Adam and
Eve) could walk around naked. The sun could not overheat this greenhouse because its energy output and the
distance to the earth was perfectly designed.
Man was designed to live forever without sin and access to the tree of life. After sin entered our world the
life span of man decreased to around 800 years because he was denied access to the tree of life. Methuselah was the
longest living man. At this point in time the water shield above the atmosphere was still in tack.
Genesis 5:25. Methuselah: Methuselah was 187 years old when his son Lamech was born;
afterwards he lived another 782 years, producing sons and daughters, and died at the age of 969.
You will see later in this book how, when and why there was incremental degradation of man's life span
Genesis 1: 9. And God said, Let the waters under the Heaven be gathered together unto one
place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it
11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after
his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose
seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
On the third day God created the land masses of the earth and brought forth the vegetation
necessary to sustain life. Notice that God did not plant seeds and wait for them to germinate and grow. He
brought forth mature trees and grasses and accomplished this in one literal day. We have all heard the
expression "what came first the chicken or the egg". God's creating abilities involved the creation of mature
and fully formed humans, animals, creatures, fish, birds, foliage, trees etc.
We now have the newly created earth with light, protective water canopy (Greenhouse), dry land,
vegetation, and an atmosphere. Do you realize with this protective canopy (Greenhouse) and the temperature so
uniform over the entire earth that there where no storms, high winds, hurricanes or tornados.
This was the ideal place for the rest of God's creation. In other words God had created an ideal habitat
for the balance of his created beings. Our beautiful earth with the green vegetation, colorful flowers, blue
crystal waters and blue skies.
Genesis 1:14. And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to
divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he
made the stars also.
17. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was
19. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
On the fourth day God provided light from the stars and other celestial bodies so man could determine the
seasons, days and years. For years astronomers have been able to determine the precise time and season from the
position of the sun, moon (the lesser light) and the stars.
Genesis 1:20. And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that
hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly,
after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply
in the earth.
23. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
On the fifth day God created the sea life, the sea creatures, and the birds (winged fowl). Notice that the
birds (fowl) fly in the firmament (heaven) in which God placed the water canopy above in (genesis 1:7). This
illustrates that in the beginning that there was this water canopy above the atmosphere and was the initial perfect
design by God to protect his creation from the harmful effects of radiation and violent storms. This canopy does
not exist today but we will show you through the bible when it was destroyed.
Genesis 1:24. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature
after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth
upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the
sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that
creepeth upon the earth.
27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue
it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that
moveth upon the earth.
29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and
every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were
the sixth day.
On the sixth day God created all the animals, creeping things, and beasts of the earth. He also created
man and woman on the sixth day. Notice that God created man in his own image. In other words we will look like God,
his image. I can only imagine the stature of the first man Adam and the beauty of the first woman Eve. I am sure
the mental acuity and physical presents of our initial human lineage was more perfect in every way from where we
find ourselves today. With no paper or pencil they could remember everything. the names of every creature that they
named. The birthdates of all their children, there ages, etc. Man was to rule over all God's creation and was given
the mental capacity to fill that roll.
Adam and Eve were the first parents. The Jewish, Islamic, and Christian religions hold that all
people are descendants from them. According to Jewish tradition, Adam and Eve had 56 children. This was
possible, in part, because Adam lived to be 960 years old. Some scholars believe that the length of the life
spans of the people of this time was due to a vapor canopy in the atmosphere. This may have made the earth's
environment more hospitable to human life and increased life spans.
You can also see the diet that was given to Man. Every herb and every fruit was to be our
diet. In other words we were designed to be vegetarians. All the other animals and birds were given the green herb
The Seventh Day
Genesis 2:1. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work
which he had made.
3. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God
created and made.
4. These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God
made the earth and the heavens,
5. And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the
Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
God rested on the seventh day, he blessed the seventh day, and he sanctfied the seventh day. God seems
pretty serious about the seventh day. Do you think God needed to rest? No God did not need to rest but wanted his
creation to rest on the seventh day because he sanctified it. Do you think God has changed his mind about the
seventh day? I think not.
Mark 2:27. And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the
God made the sabbath for us. New reports have come out recently showing that
physically, we need one day of rest per week to stay healthy! God already knew this, but He didn't give
us the Sabbath Day just for rest. He also meant it to be a day we could spend in special communion with Him,
away from the cares and worries of everyday life. We are to worship God in spirit and in truth and
keeping the seventh day Sabbath is part of worshiping God in truth, according to the truth of His
How did all the plant life get watered in the days of Adam? We see from Genesis 2:5-6 that it did
not rain in the new creation but a mist of water came up from the earth and watered the whole face of the